[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch on wifi

Shlomi Agiv shlomi.agiv at cell-buddy.com
Wed Jun 18 19:11:44 MSD 2014

Hi Giovanni,

First let me say it's an honor for me to hear from you.
As someone who has done a lot of coding using(and also modifying a bit) the
gsmopen, talking to the author feel to me like talking to a celebrity.

So far, we've connected the gsmopen and managed to make and receive calls,
send and receive sms, which work well.
We haven't tested on wifi yet, should be done next.

Two issues we haven't gotten around to debug, maybe you can help with:
*ussd:*
sending ussd always returns the text "just a ussd message" whatever i send

*NORMAL_CIRCUIT_CONGESTION:*
on occasion, when trying to make a call, we're getting
'NORMAL_CIRCUIT_CONGESTION' and we're not getting any incoming calls.
Currently what we do is unload mod_gsmopen, remove and reinsert the usb
stick, then load mod_gsmopen.
This also doesn't always help since sometimes we can't unload the gsmopen
module (it says 'model in use'). in that case we restart freeswitch and
reinsert the usb stick.
This might not be caused by the gsmopen, since we're controlling the
messages coming from the sim, and we might be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Shlomi Agiv