[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM - any good for legacy CAS T1 protocols?

dgarcia at anew.com.ve dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Fri Jun 13 04:43:28 MSD 2014

Hi,

I could test time ago a digium card with an alcatel oxe using an E1 line-side. I
could not make a full set of test  like transfer or hold. Also I can not recall
if I use asterisk or freeswitch, i think I used fs but i can not be sure.

What I can tell the settings was quite stright forward. The only issue what I
got was about user persimision freetdm to run dahdi.

I think you question could be answered by Moises Silva who is the main
constributor of FreeTDM.

I found this on net, coul help you test:

http://www.marshut.com/iwxvu/freetdm-rbs-configuration-for-multi-port-cards.html

Ah Steve (maybe I do not understand your response) .... fxs and fxo in a digital
E1 is posible. Some fabricants use CAS to emulate a fxs station in each circuit,
so you can get 30 "analog" station in a E1. This protocol have presence in
several pbx (Alcatel, Nortel, Meridian, Siemens, Avaya, etc) and is used by IVR.
Just for infomation look at:

http://www.nmscommunications.com/swDocs/Docs/6709-23/ops_signaling_.html

It is a protocol very nice and simple