[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch with Presence, and databases

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:36:31 MSD 2014

Hello,

  I see here from time to time a suggestion to turn off presence in order
to free CPU cycles. We are using Freeswitch inside an organization
environment, which means that presence is crucial. I am also using the
 limit function using ODBC backend. Currently we have 300 extensions, but I
would like to be prepared for an expansion (over 1,000), Hence, I have a
few questions:

- I currently have presence enabled for all phones; shall I segragate the
phones into two groups, one with presence, one without?
- I am using MySQL via ODBC interface for the core and our usage. It is on
a "regular" disk, and I see no performance problems at present. Shall I
consider moving to Postgress, or continue with MySQL?
- All the phones share the same SIP profile. Will this be a bottleneck? The
audio is passed through FS (in order to detect fax and DTMFs).

                     Thanks! __Yehavi: