[Freeswitch-users] Writing FS apps via mod event socket + node.js

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Fri Jun 6 22:11:52 MSD 2014

Hi,

I think you can do it but you have to dedicate time to understand
node.js. With node.js you can create a server to attend request made
from FreeSwtich, node.js will act as middleware and business logic. And
there are several way to do it.

The first come to my mind is using mod_xml_curl
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl> in your dialplan to make
request to node.js. Node.js will respond to FS as according to your
business logic.

The second way is with mod_curl <https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_curl>.

The third way, you can use event socket
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_event_socket>.

So, in my opinion the most complex way could be event socket because
almost all hard work would be in node.js side (in your app/development).
With the two first options, is quite try to balance what things to do in
FS and in Node.

Well, good luck.

Atentamente,
*Dario García*