[Freeswitch-users] Writing FS apps via mod event socket + node.js

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Thu Jun 5 12:19:58 MSD 2014

I'm interested in using node.js to write scripts to control
Freeswitch-based telephony apps.
This is partly because some of the apps we've been writing seem to be
stretching the dialplan/Lua way of doing things - or at least my
comprehension of the model - beyond what is commercially viable. What I
mean is that writing and extending our apps (particularly when working
with multiple call legs with complex inter-related state) is too
expensive. It seems from reading around, that externalising the
choreography of sessions is the choice of the fs cognoscenti.

However, there seems to be very little by the way of documentation and
example non-trivial "cookbook" style apps around - or maybe I've just
not been looking in the right places.

I get the strong impression that there are plenty of people here who've
been there, done that and have the t-shirt. Just wondering what the
chances are of a bit of sharing (obviously I'm happy to invest time into
publishing my findings and creating new examples, etc)