[Freeswitch-users] Hardware for Freeswitch setup

Oscar Franzen oscar.franzen at advisa.se
Wed Jun 4 22:20:22 MSD 2014

Hi!

I'm looking for some help with hardware for a production setup of
freeswitch. I need at least 150 concurrent calls, but would prefer to buy a
server which can handle more to facilitate growth.

I am looking at using the same codec (i think it is g711) for both legs of
the call. I want to record all calls. Either to whatever codec and then
transcode them separately or directly to mp3/ogg. I am going to use ESL to
control FSW and also listen to most events over the socket.

What would you recommend for hardware? Is it recommended to buy a sound
card for transcoding or just buy enough CPU? I will probably run from SSD,
record to same SSD or other local disk and continuously move recordings to
external (network) storage.

So:
150 concurrent calls
~10 initiations/second
mod_event_socket - for control and events
A limited amount of eavesdropping
recording (either to original codec or ogg/mp3)
Some "standard" modules.

Regards
Oscar