[Freeswitch-users] SSL cert required fields

sangdrax8 sangdrax8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 23:10:25 MSD 2014

I can get my latest freeswitch to run TLS profiles if I use the provided
scripts to genenrate the CA and the server certs, but not with my own
certs.  The TLS profile does start with my cert, but when I connect, it
does not provide a cert to the client.

The only differences I can see in the server cert are the following fields:

X509v3 Authority Key Identifier:
    DirName:/CN=FreeSWITCH CA/O=FreeSWITCH
    serial:91:F9:22:5D:22:38:6B:09

X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
    DNS:test.freeswitch.org
Netscape Cert Type:
    SSL Server
X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
    TLS Web Server Authentication

As I understand it, the Netscape and Usage designations are not used by
freeswitch at this time.  So I wouldn't expect them to cause an issue,
unless this has changed since the documentation was written.

I have the x509v3 Authority Key Identifier, with a keyid field, but I don't
have these other two fields which the script puts.  Are these required?

I also do not have a Alt name defined in my cert, but I wouldn't have
thought this would be a required field either.

I can't find anything else that appears different to me.  If someone can
clarify what is required for Freeswitch to use a cert, it would be greatly
appreciated!