[Freeswitch-users] Sched broadcast issues

Chris Martineau chris at ghosttelecom.com
Fri Jul 25 15:23:42 MSD 2014

Hi,

I have just recently started getting issues with sched_broadcast.
I have not changed versions and as far as I am aware nothing else has changed.
The problem is also intermittent whereby the broadcast kicks in very late.

We are setup so that on connection a jingle is played to show that you are connected in case early media takes a while to arrive. The jingle is played on a sched_broadcast 1 second after connection to allow the media paths to be established.
Here is the command...

<action application='sched_broadcast' data="+1 playback::/path/to/jingle.wav"/>

Basically, occasionally you get ringing and then 5-10 seconds later you get the jingle even though it should trigger after 1 second?

The version we have been on for a while is FreeSWITCH version: 1.2.23+git~20140508T161622Z~df733a7fde~64bit (git df733a7 2014-05-08 16:16:22Z 64bit)

Has anyone come across this issue?

Regards

Chris