[Freeswitch-users] Transcoding problem

Koleszár Ádám adam.koleszar at virtual-call-center.eu
Wed Jul 23 14:38:04 MSD 2014

Hello,

I have a problem with transcoding. I would like to transcode
speex at 8000@20i to PCMA at 8000@10i but it doesn't work. There are 3
freeswitch machines: A,B,C

A --> speex at 8000@20i --> B --> PCMA at 8000@10i --> C

The call setup is something like above. The call was established but
after a few millisecs later it hanged up. If I change the speex to PCMA
or I use ptime20 in everywhere then it works fine.

A --> speex at 8000@20i --> B --> PCMA at 8000@20i --> C -- works
A --> PCMA at 8000@20i --> B --> PCMA at 8000@10i --> C -- works

So if I transcode from PCMA at 20 to PCMA at 10 then everything is fine, but
with speex codec something is wrong. The "B" machine has hanged up the
call with this error:

mod_dptools.c:3234 Originate Failed.  Cause: INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION

FS version on the B machine: FreeSWITCH Version
1.5.13b+git~20140513T090047Z~cbe6f74fa9~64bit (git cbe6f74 2014-05-13
09:00:47Z 64bit)

Does anyone facing this issue? What could be the problem? Is it a bug or
the FS can't do this at all?

Thank you for your help
Adam