[Freeswitch-users] MultiNAT

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:52:44 MSD 2014

Comments in line:

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Pasha <pasha at prosperity4ever.com> wrote:

>  The problem with that though (if I understand your scenario correctly) is
> that even if there was a way to set external IP in freeswitch in the dial
> plan you say that you only have 1 external IP to deal with anyway, so what
> would you set your second IP to for routing to work properly?
>
> There's only one actual IP on the box, but it's behind *two* different
NATs. Setting the ext-rtp/sip-ip to the appropriate NAT IP works for both
connections, but I need to make that dynamic.

> In my mind what might work for you is if you create an alias to your
> single network controller with the second IP that you need, then if you
> have access to the firewall perform NAT so that if connection comes in from
> external IP of vendor #1 on 5060 you forward that to 5060 on internal IP 1
> of your fresswitch box. If call comes in on external IP of vendor #2 on
> 5060 you forward to port 5060 of your internal IP #2 (alias on freeswitch
> box)... that's for incoming...

I'm not sure I understand this. Does a FS alias allow me to have multiple
IPs on the same box somehow?

>  I apologize if I didn't fully understand your scenario. I'm not even sure
> why you're having a conflict in this case because your providers are
> different, the only time you have an issue with single external IP is if
> you're trying to setup a second trunk to the same provider (most of them
> won't allow more than on trunk on a single IP).

It's a relatively simple, but apparently uncommon, case, I agree. My issue
sounds very similar to having multiple trunks to the same provider in a
way, but I have different external IPs for RTP and such instead.

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org