[Freeswitch-users] Building Debian packages using Docker

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 11:10:21 MSD 2014

Hi Yosi,

I thought about it but I haven't tried that yet. One problem is that Docker
by default gives every container an own network interface with private IP
that's NATed behind the host machine. The usual way of exposing incoming
ports to containers doesn't allow to define port ranges (yet). So if you
want a range of 500 UDP ports listening on FreeSWITCH, you have to provide
500 parameters when running the container. And you have to be aware of the
NAT taking place.

Docker can expose the host network stack to a container (--net=host), which
is maybe the only sane way to run something like FreeSWITCH in a Docker
container.

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org