[Freeswitch-users] FS crash on call with mod_opal

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:36:33 MSD 2014

There's also mod_h323 you can try which is based on another library. I've
found both to have stability problems, which seems to be an issue of the
libraries themselves and the very tight requirements between which version
of opal/openh323 and pwlib/ptlib you're running.

I've successfully used Yate as a H323-SIP proxy. It also had periodic
crashes within the H323 library, but since it's contained to the H323 calls
avoids knocking out any other calls (eg SIP).

SIP is far far more stable, and used by more people. If you have the
ability to use it, do so.

But do please file a Jira on the H323 crash - any segfault is always a bug.

-Steve