[Freeswitch-users] api - bgapi from ESL are redundant and confuse

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:33:16 MSD 2014

It's also a pretty good abstraction. If the protocol ever changed
significantly (highly unlikely) then the change can be implemented in the
api/bgapi calls. Thus applications using them would still work with a
recompile/restart, while applications using sendRecv/send would break
because the underlying command would be different.

The protocol is incredibly unlikely to change in such a manner though, so
it's a moot point.

If anything the higher level functions need to have linger/nolinger etc
added.

send/sendRecv are lower level functions. If anything you should think of
them in terms of private/protected, only to be used for extending the
client to add support for commands that aren't supported (yet) at the
higher level.

-Steve