[Freeswitch-users] api - bgapi from ESL are redundant and confuse

Normando Hall nhall at unixlan.com.ar
Sat Jul 19 02:18:36 MSD 2014

Hi guys

After 2 days I understand some issues with ESL and the NodeJS ESL
wrapper (modesl).

Learning to use event socket I read that has commands like: api - bgapi
- linger, nolinger etc.
Then, when reading the ESL wrapper for NodeJS I can't found those
sockets commands. Only found api and bgapi, but not linger, nolinger,
etc. So, the wrapper has the same methods as ESL has. But why I can't
found those linger and nolinger methods? Here is the answer from the ESL
wiki:

*api($command, $args) is identical to sendRecv("api $command $args")*

and

*bgapi($command, $args) is identical to sendRecv("bgapi $command $args")*

So... I can figured that "linger" or other commands should send into the
"send" or "sendRecv" methods. This cause me a confussion.

So, all ESL commands must be send through "send" or "sendRecv" methods,
and "api" or "bgapi" are shorthands of "send" method for api/bgapi.

I think these methods (api-bgapi) should be remove from ESL, to avoid
future confussion.

Regards
Normando
*//*