[Freeswitch-users] Clicks on line

Paul Collister lists at collisters.com
Fri Jul 18 03:46:00 MSD 2014

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction for fixing this problem.

Im getting random clicks/glitches when I call the mw tone via a PSTN Gateway.
This only started when I moved my installation to a high end server in a main hosting site. So this has excellent connectivity to the PSTN gateway. The server is a dedicated Dell Quad core 3ghz powerdge R210, with Centos 6.5 x.64.

I don’t have any problem when I call my test server , which is a lower spec , on an adsl line, from the same gateway, Freeswitch runs perfectly and the tone is 100% pure.
I have stopped all processes on the server I don’t need, but this had no effect, I have tried reducing the ethernet buffers with no effect.
I suspect the server is sending out Mark bits at the wrong time and this is upsetting the gateway.

Any pointers as to where to look would be much appreciated. All FS software is up to date

Paul Collister