[Freeswitch-users] Any one have experience for Asterisk register on freeswitch ?

Shaw Xu shawx8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:33:45 MSD 2014

I am newbee of freeswitch.( many year experience on asterisk / Elastix /
freepbx)

I checked freeswitch is great as a soft switch(means works as the VoIP
router for many PBXes) , and Asterisk (Elastix / freepbx / PIAF and so on)
have more feature as the pbx.

So my idea is using freeswitch as the the main hub ( to SIP trunk, which
will provide hundreds DID to many PBXes like asterisk / freepbx/elastix.)
and freeswitch will collect all minutes to IMS (sip trunk provider)

I checked forum, looks the wiki only has documents on FreeSwitch and
Asterisk directly connect(dial exten each other) , which my intention is
using Elastix / PIAF (on top of freepbx) as sub PBX, and the call routered
from FreeSwitch should go through the Elastix inbound Routes rules instead
the direct extension as in the wiki
https://confluence.freeswitch.org/display/FREESWITCH/Asterisk

system environment is CentOS 5.10 with follow the wiki install guide to
install freeswitch.( by the way, the MOH not working after install the MOH
sound, because the directory is not correct, I copy to the right location
manually, and need start the moh for first time.)

Any ideas are appreciated.