[Freeswitch-users] INVITE without client IP or port for RTP

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 00:59:15 MSD 2014

It does have a small sideaffect. The client can't receive RTP until FS has
received some from the client to know where to send to. That means you
won't hear early media (eg ringing) because generally clients don't sent
RTP until the call has been answered to save on bandwidth.

It sounds like you're writing the client so you'll have more control over
it... you could try sending comfort noise packets as soon as you receive
the 183/SDP and see if that triggers the auto-adjust.

There's a config parameter that'll disables the auto-adjust behaviour... it
should be on by default, just check your configs aren't disabling it.

-Steve