[Freeswitch-users] VG202 FOR FREESWITCH

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 3 02:31:51 MSD 2014

I suspect that no one here has ever tried it. The docs say that it supports
SIP, which is good. They also say it has two FXS ports. That being the
case, the device essentially two "phones" so you'd need to assign SIP
credentials from the FreeSWITCH directory (conf/directory/default/10xx.xml
is a good place to start) to each port on the Cisco. As for how to
configure the VG202 itself I think you're on your own. I googled around and
didn't find much, even for people who may have tried it with Asterisk. All
I found was one reference
<https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10986366/cisco-vg202-send-sip-183-session-progress-instead-sip-180-ringing>to
an issue someone was having with early media.

Let us know if you get it working - we'd appreciate you adding the
knowledge to the FreeSWITCH wiki.

-Michael