[Freeswitch-users] Recording in flac format ?

julien terrasson julien.terrasson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:40:00 MSD 2014

Hi Brian,

I'm still interested in recording in flac format but i'm not very familiar
with mod_sndfile.c (and not familiar with c programming either).
To get started, i tried to introduce the flac extension the same way oga
extension was introduced :

} else if (!strcmp(ext, "oga")) {
context->sfinfo.format = SF_FORMAT_OGG | SF_FORMAT_VORBIS;
context->sfinfo.samplerate = handle->samplerate;
} else if (!strcmp(ext, "flac")) {
context->sfinfo.format = SF_FORMAT_FLAC | SF_FORMAT_PCM_16;
context->sfinfo.samplerate = handle->samplerate;
}

And i also added the extension in the list :

char *extras[] = { "r8", "r16", "r24", "r32", "gsm", "ul", "ulaw", "al",
"alaw", "adpcm", "vox","flac", NULL };

then make & make install.
But my first attempt was not really successfull :

2014-07-01 11:47:36.670463 [ERR] mod_sndfile.c:205 Error Opening File
[/var/callid:84/record0.flac] [File contains data in an unimplemented
format.]

Does anybody have docs/guidelines on how to use libsndfile ?

Regards,

J.terrasson

..Adding formats would need you to modify mod_sndfile to enable them.
---
Brian West