[Freeswitch-users] Amazon EC2: Error Creating SIP UA for profile X

Ciprian Dosoftei ciprian.dosoftei at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:17:36 MSK 2014

Interesting -- recently I had a similar situation and got the same error
though the NAT settings were applied by the book.

It turns out, I left the wss.pem file out of reach (I messed up the
permissions) as I am using WSS too. The error was the same as yours which
led me to believe it was a socket binding issue.

-Ciprian

On 31 January 2014 12:12, Arsen <arsen.semionov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Just to let you know, I've downgrade to 1.2.17 and everything is working
> now without any configuration changes.
>
> Thanks,
> Arsen.
>

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Arsen <arsen.semionov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am trying to run freeswitch on Amazon AWS, but I am facing the
>> following error:
>>
>> 2014-01-31 11:43:11.024549 [ERR] sofia.c:2500 Error Creating SIP UA for
>> profile: internal (sip:mod_sofia at 172.31.28.215:5060)
>> The likely causes for this are:
>> 1) Another application is already listening on the specified address.
>> 2) The IP the profile is attempting to bind to is not local to this
>> system.
>>
>> I am sure that the port 5060 is not used by any other application as well
>> as 172.31.28.215 is an internal IP address of the instance.
>>
>> I have tried to configure mod_sofia as it described in this link:
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Amazon_EC2
>>
>> Also I googled this error and tried to fix it with
>> <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="local_ip_v4=172.31.28.215"/>
>>
>> All required ports are opened.
>> Freeswitch git installation v.1.2.18
>>
>> Strange that I have never faced the same issue with my previous FS
>> installations on EC2.
>>
>> Thanks for advice!
>> Arsen.
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Arsen.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Best Regards,
Ciprian Dosoftei

The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may
contain privileged and/or confidential material. If you are not the
intended recipient, kindly contact the sender and delete the message.

Any disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited without the expressed permission of the sender.