[Freeswitch-users] Setting channel variables using event socket

Duvid Rottenberg adrottenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 18:07:58 MSK 2014

Caller profile fields are set when the channel is created and can't be
changed by the set application. It also wouldn't make any sense to change
as this profile field is used to let you know whether or not the calling
party is requesting from you to hide the caller ID.

If your intention is to hider caller id on outbound calls you should set
the origination_caller_id_number  variable.
see  http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Cid