[Freeswitch-users] ESL play_and_get_digits terminator problem

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 17:30:46 MSK 2014

Good day All,

I just wanted to report a minor event issue for application
play_and_get_digits.

Consider an application using a parameter string such as the following:

5 5 5 5000 # silence_stream://250 silence_stream://250 myvar \d+ 3000

In this scenario I would have expected the entry of # to terminate the
application and produce a CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE event however this does
not occur. The actual result is that it terminates the current cycle, plays
the invalid prompt and moves on to the next cycle until all 5 input cycles
are complete. I was hoping to use the terminator to allow the application
to exit.

Perhaps this is the intended behaviour provided to allow a request such as
the following to be terminated *within* the mix/max digit thresholds, so i
will wait for confirmation. If this is the case then please let me know and
i'll make it explicit on the wiki so this question isn't raised again.

For now i have implemented a simple work-around where we allow 0 length
input as follows and follow this with custom validation in my ESL handler:

0 5 5 5000 # silence_stream://250 silence_stream://250 myvar \d+ 3000

As an aside, I've tried my very best to find the DTMF queue processor in
fisheye and haven't managed to find the method, can anyone point me towards
the best resource for getting an understanding of the core code base? I'm
sure that's a question that comes up plenty..

Best Regards,

Callum