[Freeswitch-users] How to refuse T.38 requests

geo cherchetout geo.cherchetout at laposte.net
Mon Jan 20 20:17:29 MSK 2014

Le 30/12/2013 19:03, *Ali Pey* wrote:

> 200 OK is a proper respond in this scenario as FS did receive the Update for
> an existing SIP session. Codec negotiation is a different story and is
> negotiated through SDP (Offer/Answer).

But why does FS receive such an UPDATE request unstead of an INVITE one ?
Is this because the "UPDATE" string is included in the "allow:" field it
sends in its own INVITE requests ?
Is it possible to have FS not including this string ? And how could I have
this string not included ?

> If FS responds with a 4XX response code, the call would very likely be
> dropped which probably be a less desired outcome.

With other UACs I use, responding 488 to an INVITE request from OVH (my VoIP
provider) does not drop the call. OVH sends quickly a new INVITE with
compatible SDP and the call goes on. So I should prefer to receive an
INVITE... and see what happens.