[Freeswitch-users] max simultaneous calls in freeswitch using sip

Kenn Leth Hansen klh at justfone.dk
Mon Jan 20 12:34:46 MSK 2014

Hi Bawan,

Depending on your hardware it should definitely be achievable to handle
1.500 concurrent calls (3.000 legs).

This however sets up some demands to your implementation of freeswitch,
i.e. you do not want 500 users accessing I/O-intensive operations like
voicemail at the same time. And since FreeSWITCH handles calls in separate
theads you want hardware that is capable of extensive multithreading. So I
suggest going for hardware with as many CPU cores as possible and decent
amount of RAM as FreeSWITCh is stateful (i.e. keeps track of
conversations).

As Abdullah suggests it might be a good idea to equip your system with a
load balancer. I can recommend using Kamailio with mod_dispatcher. It is
easy to setup and lets you distribute the load across multiple FreeSWITCH
servers.

For further advice You might want to equip us with further knowledge on the
scenarios you want to use FreeSWITCH with.

Best regards

*Kenn Leth Hansen*

*M.Sc. Eng. (telecommunication) Justfone A/S*