[Freeswitch-users] Diff between the transfer and bridge application?

Fredrik Åhlén fredrik.h.ahlen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 14:09:24 MSK 2014

Hi, I am playing around with my demo installation of FreeSwitch and have a question regarding dialplans and dialplan applications. I’ve looked in the wiki but I am not sure of the practical differens between the transfer and bridge application?

For example, you can “route” an inbound call to extension 1001 with both these configs:
1. <action application="transfer" data="1001 XML default"/>
2. <action application="bridge" data="user/1001"/>

Is the only diff that the transfer application executes the dialplan for the new extension but not in the bride case?

With Best Regards,
Fred