[Freeswitch-users] Maintain external caller ID on follow me forward

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Jan 14 20:41:48 MSK 2014

I do exactly what you want (call from PSTN to ITSP bridged back out to cell phones), it took a couple of years to figure out, the ITSP must support it (sip_h_In-Reply_To/sip_call_id). Here is a post from me back in Feb 13 (search for "adding In-Reply-To in sip header not working"). Try this, good luck:

Finally! Sharing with anyone else wanting to pass the calling party ID from an external SIP account into FS then back to the standard PSTN on some ITSPs (Callcentric in this case), this is what works:

Anytime before the bridge: (notice it was close to Richards idea but uses _h_ instead of _rh_)
<action application="set" data="sip_h_In-Reply-To=${sip_call_id}"/>

In my bridge below remove the effective caller id number like this:

<action application="bridge" data="{originate_timeout=45,alert_info=n=${lua_ringtone}}${group_call(bria@${domain_name}+A)},${group_call(deskphone@${domain_name}+A)},[leg_delay_start=20,leg_timeout=23]sofia/gateway/${dial_gateway}/19161234567"/>