[Freeswitch-users] FS verision 1.5.7b - sound is somewhat distorted

Fredrik Åhlén fredrik.h.ahlen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:34:46 MSK 2014

Hi everyone,
this is my first exeperience with FreeSwitch. I just downloaded FreeSwitch and installed it on Windows 7 using the MSI-installer. I think it’s verision 1.5.7b, at least according to the output from fs_cli.exe. The installation is pure local on my own home LAN (100 mbit), i.e no VOIP gateways etc.

I am playing around with the installation and the FSClient 1.2.3.5 as softphone calling the echo test, calling between extension 1000 – 1001, voice mail 4000 etc. Everything seems fine but the sound is somewhat distorted. The sound is a little/somewhat scratchy. I’ve tried to change codec in FreeSwitch and/or the FSClient but without luck. Since I am completely new to FreeSwitch I thought that I would ask the community about it.

What might cause this sound distorsion? I have recorded the sound but I was not sure it I should attatch it or not. Any help is appreciated.

Output from fs_cli.exe:
“
freeswitch at internal> version
FreeSWITCH Version 1.5.7b+git~20131111T224713Z~5456daa010~32bit (git 5456daa 201
3-11-11 22:47:13Z 32bit)
“

>From vars.xml:
“
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=G722,PCMU,PCMA,GSM"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=PCMU,PCMA,GSM"/>
“

With Best Regards,
Fred