[Freeswitch-users] Issues creating/modifying FreeSWITCH files after using MSI installation in Windows 8

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 21:29:36 MSK 2014

OP,

Try to remember, FreeSWITCH works on many platforms so to an end user, it
may seem like an obvious decision to do X or Y because you are used to your
one environment.  As developers, we operate in a more neutral space where
we are abstracting our stuff to work anywhere and relying heavily on guys
like Jeff and Peter to make it more manageable in a specific place like
windows.  Without them, FS might not even build on windows; If it did
build, you would have to download MSVC and configure and build it yourself
to get a binary at all.  I only ask that you do not discourage their
efforts as I value them dearly.

As some have mentioned, put your many years of skills to good use and join
them to make things better.