[Freeswitch-users] Peter Olsson announces mod_v8 on today's call (1800 UTC)

Travis Cross tc at travislists.com
Wed Jan 8 20:45:19 MSK 2014

We'll be having Peter Olsson join us on today's conference call at
1800 UTC (which you can reach at sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org or
http://conference.freeswitch.org/).  He'll be talking about his new
module, mod_v8, which is intended to replace mod_spidermonkey.

This is exciting as the V8 Javascript engine is the clear way forward
for supporting Javascript in FreeSWITCH.  V8 has significant
performance improvements, has an active upstream, and underlies other
major projects like Node.js.

Join us if you can to learn about this new addition to FreeSWITCH.

We're making some changes to the format of the conference call for
2014.  We'll be starting the call on time, and trying to keep the
length of the call to under one hour so more busy people can join in.

Best,

-- TC