[Freeswitch-users] Codec trans coding

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Wed Jan 8 19:04:42 MSK 2014

Find the following line (if it exists) in your SIP profiles and set it
to false:

<param name="inbound-zrtp-passthru" value="false"/>

This will allow transcoding to work, assuming that you also have the
appropriate codecs compiled, loaded and enabled.  The companion setting
to this is:

<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/>

Which will first attempt to find a matching codec between the two
endpoints, and fall back to transcoding if a match cannot be found.

Obviously, G729 will only transcode if you have a license for each
channel, but if I understand your question correctly, that's what you're
trying to work around. Ideally, the phones should offer a list of codecs
in order of preference, not just a single codec, which is a good way to
drop calls and irritate users.

Francis