[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan Issues with Nortel CS1000

Joel White joelewhite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 00:23:34 MSK 2014

> I have modded the default dialplan to allow 5 digit local extensions.  I
have the Nortel NRS sending the calls to the public context.  I have
created the xml to route the incoming call to a local extension.

> Question is, why do the calls go straight to voicemail without ringing
the extension.  The extension is registered and can make and recieve calls
locally on the FS.

> The incoming call from the Nortel CS 1000 reaches the XML parsing for
"public" and executes the XML in the public folder relating to the Nortel.
 The call also makes its way to the "default" context and executes the
LOCAL 5 Digit Extension XML config.  What I am not understanding is why, if
it makes it through the variables and expressions and ends up at the 5
digit local dialing, that it would go straight to voicemail without ringing
the phone.

> If anyone has any insight into why this behavior would occur....  please
point me in the right direction.