[Freeswitch-users] why is the user directory in core and not a module

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 22:09:28 MSK 2014

You are confusing the directory interface "wrapper for ldap" with the FS
Directory (The XML Registry)

How the XML Registry works is extensively documented in the wiki and our FS
book.

The gist is that the XML is the abstraction layer; So you can write modules
to seek things from the XML and not worry about external access.
Then you write modules that bind to xml searches and pre-empt the static
xml by returning your own binary xml object with the correct data.

xml_curl and xml_scgi are the 2 in-house examples that transform the xml
search into a url and fetch the xml from a remote service but you can also
easily make a binding module to parse xml searches, do sql stmts and format
the results in a binary xml obj without ever using textual xml markup.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Vik Killa <vipkilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to test the directory interface in my module.
> It seems that FS will not send the authentication request to my module's
> directory interface though.
> I know it is loaded because I see:
>
> 2014-02-19 13:46:46.056080 [NOTICE] switch_loadable_module.c:429 Adding
> Directory interface 'test_directory'
>
> I have some debug lines in my module to display when the interface is run
> but i don't see the debugging.
> Also, i loaded mod_ldap to test and it will not get queried by FS either.
> Is there a FS parameter or setting that is needed to tell it to use the
> alternate directory interface?
>
> Thanks

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬