[Freeswitch-users] Performance optimization and stack size value

Kevin Mathy k.mathy at hexanet.fr
Fri Feb 14 17:45:28 MSK 2014

Hi List,

I'm trying to make my FS server more performant and reliable, and I found
the FS's wiki page telling that I can change some "ulimit" values on my
system, like the Stack Size.

So, I've changed in the init script the "ulimit -s" value to 8192, but now
when I start freeswitch I've got the following error message :

> Error: stacksize 8192 is not optimal: run ulimit -s 240 from your shell
> before starting the application.
> auto-adjusting stack size for optimal performance...

So when I check the status :

> freeswitch at 10.84.9.41@internal> status
> UP 0 years, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 6 seconds, 661 milliseconds, 592
> microseconds
> FreeSWITCH (Version 1.3.17 git 16289ce 2013-03-14 03:24:25Z) is ready
> 0 session(s) since startup
> 0 session(s) - 0 out of max 30 per sec
> 1000 session(s) max
> min idle cpu 0.00/100.00
> Current Stack Size/Max 240K/8192K

It seems that the 8192 value isn't set and is rollbacked to 240...
I've got exactly the same result when the init script is filled with
"ulimit -s 240".

Do you have any idea about how to have the stack size increased ?

Thanks a lot,

*Bien cordialement,  Best Regards, **Kevin MATHY* | Ingénieur VoIP