[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch not putting external IP in SDP and From Header when dialing out SIPURI by external profile

Andrew Paul andrew.paul85 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 20:52:55 MSK 2014

Hai brian,

I given my router ip in ext-sip-ip and ext-rtp-ip.

Ext-rtp-ip = router-ip

Issue is fs not putting profile->extrtpip because its fail in nat checking.

Regards

Andrew

------------------FREESWITCH--------------(bridge=sofia/external/sip:outbound-opensip.com:5060
)-----------OPENSIP----------------------

>> I am facing NAT problem when i am dialing SIP URI via sip profile. When
i am dialing the SIP uri with Gateway trunk NAT is working properly.

>> Dialing SIP URI
>>
>> <action application="bridge"  data="sofia/external/sip:
outbound-opensip.com:5060"

>> In external profile setting I made the setting for ext-rtp-ip and
ext-sip-ip. In freeswitch cli "sofia status profile external" i am able to
see the external rtp and sip ip correctly.

>> But when freeswitch sending INVITE external IPs are not set in SDP and
FROM Header, instead it is using local IP. When i tried to debug the
problem in switch_core_media.c freeswitch failed to check the NAT settings.

>> switch_core_media.c
>>
>> SWITCH_DECLARE(switch_status_t)
switch_core_media_choose_port(switch_core_session_t *session,
switch_media_type_t type, int force)

>> /* Check if NAT is detected  */
>>     if (!zstr(smh->mparams->remote_ip) &&
switch_core_media_check_nat(smh, smh->mparams->remote_ip)) {
>>         /* Yes, map the port through switch_nat */
>>         /* Code */
>>     } else {
>>         /* No NAT traversal required, use the profile's rtp ip */
>>         use_ip = smh->mparams->rtpip;
>>     }
>>
>> Here remote IP is NULL always when i am dialing URI with external
profile. When I tried to make call  by "sofia/gateway/trunk/sip:
outbound-opensip.com:5060" i can see the remote ip as "oubound-opensip.com"
and its able to external IP in SDP.