[Freeswitch-users] 1.4/master openssl requirement change.

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 16:27:50 MSK 2014

Hi Mario, folks,
 OK -- if build for the latest master works with a homebrew-installed OPENSSL 101f,
what is homebrew doing that a plain install of openssl 101f **into /usr/local/opt/openssl** isn't doing?
Given that 101f came out on the 6th January, I'd be surprised if the homebrew packagers had incorporated
custom tweaks already and rolled it out => what version of openssl is homebrew installing?

If they have (and haven't pushed back upstream), I'd be intrigued to know what those changes from the
 "plain vanilla" openssl build are.

Many thanks for the heads up on v8 -- I'll look out for this when I get that far in the fS build.

all the best,
  Lawrence

On 5 Feb 2014, at 01:56, Mario G wrote:

> Lawrence, if this helps: while working on the updated wiki I tested FS install as of 2/3/14 on 10.6.8 and 10.7, I just added OPENSSL via brew, did nothing to the OSX supplied one, and FS make worked fine. On another note: you need to comment out mod_v8 in modules.conf since FS make does not work on 10.6 or 10.7 with mod_v8. 10.8/9 are ok with it.
> Mario G
>
> On Feb 4, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Lawrence Conroy <lconroy at insensate.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike, folks,
>> I had wondered about precedence, but it was the same when I previously tried with CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include" LDFLAGS="/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib" .configure
>> In that case, don't the explicit CFLAGS & LDFLAGS exports take precendence?
>>
>> Re. location -- OK, there are a bunch of them littered around; using a freshly locate.updatedb'd locate, the ones that even might be in the path are:
>> /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.7.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libssl.dylib
>> +
>> /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.a
>>
>> and
>> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
>> /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
>> +
>> /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libcrypto.a
>>
>> and
>>

>> /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h
>> +
>> /usr/local/opt/openssl/include/openssl/ssl.h
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> Note that my config.log is slightly different, as it doesn't find the SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_use_srtp symbol
>> -- which IS in /usr/local/opt/openssl/include/openssl/srtp.h:
>> int SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_use_srtp(SSL_CTX *ctx, const char *profiles);
>>
>> config.log sez:
>> configure:23194: checking for openssl
>> configure:23198: result: yes
>> configure:23202: checking openssl_CFLAGS
>> configure:23205: result:
>> configure:23208: checking openssl_LIBS
>> configure:23211: result: -lssl -lcrypto -lz
>> configure:23411: checking for SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_use_srtp in -lssl
>> configure:23436: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -pipe -no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include  -pipe -bind_at_load -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib conftest.c -lssl  -lssl -lcrypto -lz   -lncurses -ljpeg  >&5
>> Undefined symbols:
>> "_SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_use_srtp", referenced from:
>>     _main in cc8TlcDz.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> Beats me.
>>
>> all the best,
>> Lawrence (who's also off to bed :)
>>
>> On 4 Feb 2014, at 23:54, Michael Jerris wrote:
>>> it sounds to me like its finding a system version before the other one.  can you let me know the other locations on your box where the following files are
>>>
>>> libssl.*
>>> libcrypto.*

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org