[Freeswitch-users] Redirecting traffic - Freeswitch vs Kamailio

Alex Lake alex at thewinelake.com
Tue Feb 4 13:56:01 MSK 2014

If I want to set up a SIP redirector for small call volumes (eg.
<1/second), can Freeswitch do as good a job as Kamailio?
The idea is that we get a call in from a PSTN-SIP gateway and then
re-route to another box depending on the number being called.
Just wondering if there's any difference in the signalling, which I
presume is either a 302 or a SIP re-invite (but please correct me if I'm
wrong!).

At what kind of call volumes might one choose to switch to a more
dedicated SIP proxy?