[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH using outbound proxy but to bypass media

Muhammad Naseer Bhatti nbhatti at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 00:46:43 MSK 2014

I am trying to use an outbound SIP proxy for FreeSWITCH by adding fs_path to the bridge. It’s working fine and I am able to send calls using the proxy. On the proxy (which is also FreeSWITCH) I am receiving the call in a lua script, create a new session with the destination gateway and bridge two sessions (old, incoming and the newly created)

The idea is to have multiple FreeSWITCH servers (all public IP address) originating calls while all calls going to the carrier via the proxy. The problem is that all media is also passing through the proxy. Is there a way I can only send signaling through proxy and media to flow directly between the endpoints? I have tried bypass_media and bypass_media_after_bridge but it’s not working. Is this even doable?

Thanks.
--
Muhammad Naseer Bhatti