[Freeswitch-users] Huge BLF/NOTIFY delay under load

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Thu Dec 18 14:21:52 MSK 2014

Hi all,

In a decent server (6x core E5-2420 with 16GB RAM) and under a bit of
load, I see that FS sends NOTIFY up to a 5 minutes AFTER the actual
event, so BLFs are useless when it happens.

Is it a normal/expected behavior? Code suggests that FS can queue up to
50000 events, and presence does lots and lots of DB stuff.

This particular site handles around 4000-5000 subscriptions and up to
2-3 calls per second under load. I use sqlite3 presence.db in tmpfs.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce that huge NOTIFY delay, or
do I just have to live with it?

Thanks,
François.