[Freeswitch-users] Mod perl using $session->setVariable inline

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 03:47:10 MSK 2014

I'm using mod_perl quite intensively, and I do all the logic and
bridging from within the Perl script. It works fine, and you don't
really need to return the control back to the dialplan.

The only concern is, that if you do "bridge" from the script, your
perl script stays in memory and finishes only when the call ends. It
should be harmless for a modestly loaded server, and for a massive
service you would anyway do much better with an external script
talking via ESL.