[Freeswitch-users] Faxing Large Files

Dušan Dragić dragic.dusan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:41:06 MSD 2014

Try to convert the PDF using ghostscript directly (i think imagemagick
uses gs for pdf/ps) with commands from Steve's spandsp FAQ
http://soft-switch.org/spandsp_faq/ar01s14.html (note the resolution).
If it works (it should) you'll have a know working TIFF file and can
change your ImageMagick settings to create something compatible.

On 24 August 2014 09:14, afshin afzali <a.afzali2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK, The TIFF file is created from a PDF
>  by ImageMagick library. I set it's resolution to 200*200 and it's width to
> 1728 pixel (I don't set it's height), and noProfile !
> Freeswitch gets the TIFF file by http_get API. I checked it. It is owned by
> freeswitch user and it's permission is 0600.
> Maybe there is something wrong in the conversion although I do it (exactly
> same) on TIFF files too and there is no problem.
>

> BEST,
> Afshin
>

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
>>
>> The FAX software doesn't care about the size of the file. There is
>> another reason why it cannot be opened. File permissions are the usual
>> cause. The contents of the file not being a suitable TIFF type is another.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve
>>
>> On 08/23/2014 07:01 PM, afshin afzali wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I don't know if there is a limit on TIFF file size when being faxed!
>> > My file is about 16M in size. My error is "*41 TIFF/F file cannot be
>> > opened*". Also I checked the permission issue and think it is OK. I do
>> > not have any problem on small file size.
>> >
>> > BEST,
>> > Afshin

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com