[Freeswitch-users] Creating session object using uuid in Lua

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:37:10 MSD 2014

Ok, now I understand that getting a session object using uuid can be done
as follows:
session = freeswitch.Session(uuid);

However, I am a bit confused..

My lua script accepts 3 arguments - uuid, multicast ip & port, and then
does the following - create a session using freeswitch, and then execute
esf_page_group with the passed multicast and port

What works is:
- Place an incoming call to FIFO queue with an orbit exten and timeout
- In the orbit exten, call lua script with uuid, multicast address and port
After a timeout, it works like a charm - caller can make PA to the
listening parties

Now, what doesn't work is:
- Modify lua script to pop out the call from fifo by using
execute("fifo","pa_q1 out wait"); and then call esf_page_group
- Place an incoming call to FIFO queue with an orbit exten and large timeout
- Before the timeout occurs, call the lua script from CLI using luarun,
pass the required arguments

In this case, the caller is unable to send the stream to multicast address
- instead, there seems to be a loopback, caller hears his own audio. I
think this is because of the way I am popping out I guess. However, if I
don't pop out, the caller seems remain in the queue

I am just wondering how do I retrieve a call in a fifo queue and play
around with it within a lua script?

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org