[Freeswitch-users] Yealink T48G and TLS

Iskren Hadzhinedev iskren.hadzhinedev at ikiji.com
Sat Apr 26 02:57:42 MSD 2014

On Friday 25 April 2014 21:19:01 Yehavi Bourvine wrote:
> Hi,
Hello, thank you for the advice!

>   There might be two issues here:
>
> 1. Yealink had a bug in TLS omplementation and FreeSwitch. This has been
> fixed about a month ago, so make sure you are using the latest firmware.
There was an update from 18 April that I just applied but it had no effect on the issue. I did a
factory reset and reconfigured the phone after the update but nothing changed.
> 2. Make sure you set:
>         <action application="set" data="sip_secure_media=true"/>
>         <action application="export" data="nolocal:sip_secure_media=true"/>
>         <action application="set" data="rtp_secure_media=true"/>
>         <action application="export" data="nolocal:rtp_secure_media=true"/>

I didn't have the ones with "nolocal". I added them however, but it still didn't make a difference.
What I noticed is that the SRTP is working fine, even when I'm using TCP/UDP for SIP, it sends the
correct messages and the audio is working just fine (all other phones are set to mandatory SRTP
so they can't establish a call when SRTP is not working on the other end). However I tried TLS
with unencrypted media and that one failed too. I thought it's a NAT issue so I enabled a stun
server on the phone, but strangely enough, that had no effect either. I'll try updating to latest
git as this installation is a bit outdated, but since everything else is working I'm pretty confident
it's not FreeSWITCH's fault.
Thanks for the tips!