[Freeswitch-users] session, channels, calls

Anish Patel anish.mailing.list at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:53:46 MSD 2014

Hi Nandy,
    Thanks!  I actually also found a short blurb on the wiki that helped as
well.
A session would be a connection between freeswitch and something else with
a certain protocol.  ie freeswitch and a sip endpoint, and say freeswitch
and an incoming "call" from a mod_dingaling.
then we would have 2 sessions, 1 SIP and 1 XMPP/Jingle. I think they also
create channels, and as you said when those 2 are bridged together it is
now  a call.
if i have messed this up, please let me know.

Thanks again
Anish