[Freeswitch-users] Inbound call through Registered gateway

Luis F Urrea lfurrea at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 04:03:40 MSD 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to receive a call through a gateway that is suing registration
on external profile and I don't clearly understand how to configure the
extension to receive the call.

I appears from the example.xml gateway configuration that the an extension
name with the username used for gateway registration can be used to get the
dialplan to accept the call.

I assume  this  needs to be configured on the public context, however I see
the INVITE coming in, but the dialplan never kicks in.

Do I have to receive the INVITE at port 5080? If that is the case,
registration doesn't really make sense.

public.xml

<extension name="tone_detect">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^tone_detect$">
        <action application="pre_answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="20000"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
        <action application="playback" data="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Gateway config

<include>
  <gateway name="tone_detect">
  <param name="username" value="tone_detect"/>
</include>

Thanks in advance for your help.