[Freeswitch-users] When does Freeswitch starts to fork processes?

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:43:19 MSD 2014

Hello,

  I am trying to chase a problem hapenning from time to time. The problem
is that freeswitch starts acting slowly, it starts forking processes and I
have to restart it.

It did not happen with 1.0.x, but it happens with various 1.2.x; it
happened today a few times on 1.2.23 so I reverted to 1.2.22 to see whether
it helps in the meantime.

Using GCORE on one of the new processes I've found that at least one of
them is hung in system() call used by voicemail to email voicemail
messages. If I kill the process then the Email is sent.

So, when does Freeswitch decides to fork processes and what can cuase
system() to hang?

I do not open JIRA yet as I cannot jump to the git HEAD (production system
and have to do things very carefully...

          Thanks, __Yehavi: