[Freeswitch-users] spa8000 hack

fs fs at voice2net.ca
Mon Sep 30 09:18:20 MSD 2013

I do not know if anyone has seen this.  I use spa8000 ata's to provide sip
trunking to a freeswitch an onwards.  Over the past three days I have had
someone hacking into the spa8000 and relaying international calls back out.
I have no ideal how they do it and cannot find any info in the traces that
indicates where the call came from.  I have seen a note on cisco's web site
about someone else complaining about this but no resolution.

My syslog from the spa8000 starts like so.

Syslog LOCAL2.DEBUG: M0: Calling:01137744616847 at sample.switch.ca:0\n
Syslog LOCAL0.INFO: M0: [2]->xx.xxx.xx.xx:5060(985)\n
Syslog LOCAL0.INFO: M0: [2]->xx.xxx.xxx.xx:5060(985)\n
Syslog INVITE sip:01137744616847 at sample.switch.ca SIP/2.0 {etc}

Any thoughts or ideas would be REALLY appreciated.

Darcy Primrose