[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch register as UA

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Thu Sep 26 22:10:04 MSD 2013

Ok.... If I understand what are you trying to do is make Freeswtich act
as a softphone/SIP extension/SIP UA/etc for your asterisk pbx.

I think this links will help you:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_softphone

and

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Traditional_Gateway_connecting

On 09/26/2013 11:24 AM, Murthy Gandikota wrote:

> Hi Karsten
>
> Since posting the original message, I read a bit about Asterisk. So I
> know a little bit about both Freeswitch and Asterisk.
>
> A little knowledge being dangerous, I confess I need more details to
> poke around these two systems. I studied
>
> the URL you have given and it doesn't answer my question.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is:
>
>             o Register Freeswitch extension as a UA with Asterisk
> (send a REGISTER command from Freeswitch to Asterisk just like a VoIP
> phone does)
>
>             o Use Asterisk Dial action to call the Freeswitch
>
>             o On Freeswitch play IVR (which I know how to do in
> Javascript) and send DTMF
>
>             o Asterisk should receive the DTMF and hangup
>
> I would be grateful if you shed some more light on this issue.
>
> Thanks
>
> Murthy

Atentamente,
*Dario García*