[Freeswitch-users] recommendations for Wifi SIP phones?

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Sat Sep 21 19:19:48 MSD 2013

> So this is why there is a market for a substitute and what I've heard is that Siemens- Gigaset (
> DECT )  phones are a good substitute for wifi.

The side affect of not using your mobile phone + sip app is that the
supported codecs on DECT/Wifi phones are so limited and not expanded
in the future. On Siemens Gigaset DECT phones the max is G7221 (HD
16000Hz). Also, I experienced trouble calling with my baresip client to
Siemens Gigaset handsets using the G7221 codecs. I'm not sure which end
is causing the trouble (baresip or Siemens Gigaset DECT handset). The
weird thing is that I'm hearing the voice from the Siemens side really
good, but the Siemens side complains they are hearing my voice in slower
motion. This appeared to happen in two different cases...

Someone has an idea what could cause this issue or is having the same
experience?

Thanks for the interesting EE digression insight.

> This is bad. In WWII the Nazi's used wire recorders to insert latency and found that if the latency
> was bad enough - people would get mad at each other for interrupting.

Do you have a source for this statement? I would like to read upon it.

(I suppose the latency introduced with cell phones is why everyone
started hating each other.)

That made me laugh... :)

--
EL