[Freeswitch-users] rpm build fails

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 19 18:43:56 MSD 2013

You must run the scripts in order...

Quick and dirty script to do everything

#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/src
git clone git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git
cd freeswitch
git checkout v1.2.13
./scripts/ci/src_tarball.sh 1.2.13
./scripts/ci/get_extra_sources.sh
./scripts/ci/rpmbuilder.sh 1.2.13 1

##END OF SCRIPT

You¹ll notice the version number on the src tarball and the rpm builder
scripts... These are required... You¹ll also notice the ³1² arg in the
example, this is the rpm roll number... So this would output
PACKAGE-1.2.13-1.rpm type output...

Run them in order on a system that has all the dev deps already installed
and you are good togo... I highly suggest doing this on a box (virtual) that
you only use for building the RPMs

On 9/19/13 12:32 AM, "Babak Yakhchali" <babak.freeswitch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to use scripts/ci/rpmbuilder.sh but it failed with these mssags:
>
> [babak at localhost freeswitch-stable]$ ./scripts/ci/rpmbuilder.sh stable
> cp: cannot stat `src_dist/*': No such file or directory
> error: Macro %BUILD_NUMBER has empty body
> error: Macro %BUILD_NUMBER has empty body
> error: File
> /home/babak/src/freeswitch-stable/rpmbuild/SOURCES/freeswitch-stable.0.0.tar.b
> z2: No such file or directory
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/babak/src/freeswitch-stable/RPMS': File
> exists
> mv: cannot stat `/home/babak/src/freeswitch-stable/rpmbuild/*/*.rpm': No such
> file or directory
> The vstable.0.0- RPMs have been rolled, now we
> just need to push them to the YUM Repo
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Babak Yakhchali <babak.freeswitch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I was trying to create freeswitch rpm from stable git branch but I get this
>> error in the last line:
>>
>> Processing files: freeswitch-devel-stable-1.el6.x86_64
>> error: File not found by glob:
>> /home/babak/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/freeswitch-stable-1.el6.x86_64/usr/lib64/frees
>> witch/mod/*.a
>> RPM build errors:
>>     File not found by glob:
>> /home/babak/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/freeswitch-stable-1.el6.x86_64/usr/lib64/frees
>> witch/mod/*.a
>>
>> I attached the full log to this email.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Ken