[Freeswitch-users] Updating TLS

privs privus007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 23:09:43 MSD 2013

Hi,

Given the recent revelations regarding the state of the net's (in)security,
and as a longtime user of TLS with SRTP in FS, I think it would be prudent
to update the TLS version and ciphers that FS can negotiate.

Currently FS only supports TLS 1.0 (correct me if I'm wrong), which has
some worrying security issues
<http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-02/05/weakness-in-tsl-protocol>  .
Is it possible to upgrade to TLS 1.1 (or even better, 1.2)? I'd like to use
AES in the 256 key length instead of the standard 128.

Anyone know if this is on the agenda and/or where I can have a closer look
at the cipher order presented by FS?

Thanks